To Reflect...

  A Special Beauty

  "A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance" (Proverbs 15:13).

  "I have experienced what it is to be in Christ. I am poor, old, and have
nothing special, except to have Christ in my heart. In Him I am strong, I am
beautiful and I am happy. His presence makes my whole being shine." (a member
of the church, after
a sermon)

  People, today, worry a lot about their outside appearance. They spend hours
in a gym, or in a beauty salon, or in large malls in the city. They try to make
their appearance stand out, so that everyone will admire them, so that they can
enchant every

one who sees them. Many times they are not successful, because the main
ingredient of human beauty is missing ... the reflection of presence of Christ,
our beloved and gracious Saviour.

  When we give our lives to God, He fills us with His love and this love makes
us beautiful. More than the external appearance, what people most admire in us,
and what mostly enchants others, are our attitudes.

  A generous person, who does not measure efforts to raise someone who has
fallen, who reaches out without personal interests, who always has a friendly
word for who is unhappy, is more beautiful than another who is not able to do
the same, even thoug

h she has been on the cover of a famous magazine.

  Beautiful is the woman who prays, who is concerned with sharing the blessings
received, who at any moment and in any circumstance, never leaves off saying:
"Here I am, Lord".

  Beauty coming from a gym, or from a beauty salon, or any other artificial
production does not have the same value as the one that comes from the inside,
from the heart, from a life with God. It may not be applauded by men, but it is
by the Lord of H

eaven.

  Do you believe you have this special beauty? If so, your joy is more than
certain!

Paulo Barbosa
A blind in ternet
tprob...@terra.com.br