I've been interested in owning a iPad, but I already have a Toshiba Ultra Book
and it has a full Win 7 OS on a SSD, a 14 inch screen, a keyboard, USB3, an
Ethernet jack, HDMI, an SD slot and wireless internet - it's very responsive
and it can multi-task.

So, I guess I'd be giving up a lot  if, I decided I really needed a iPad.

The Microsoft Surface RT is only $350,  Go figure.

On 9/23/2013 9:03 AM, cardemais...@yahoo.com wrote:
> That's prolly the main reason why I'm such a big fan of my iPad 2:

*Why does it matter?*

It matters very much. The iPhone has consistently won highest customer satisfaction ratings by groups such as J. D. Powers <http://www.jdpower.com/content/press-release/5TAb5Uk/2013-u-s-wireless-smartphone-satisfaction-study-volume-1-and-2013-u-s-wireless-traditional-mobile-phone-satisfaction-study-volume-1.htm> (although a recent ACSI report does show <http://www.macrumors.com/2013/08/01/iphone-5-topped-by-galaxy-s3-in-latest-customer-satisfaction-survey/> the Samsung Galaxy edging them out). This customer satisfaction is a prime force in maintaining the view of Apple as a premium brand and justifying the current price points and hence margins - and margins are certainly of great interest to the investor.

This sensation of "snappiness" or responsiveness is something that has always set the iPhone above the competition, a key factor in customer satisfaction, especially if an iPhone owner uses a competing product. It is only after you listen to a good stereo system that you notice the lack of quality in a mediocre one. The same holds true here to a certain degree.