Lot's of professionals use Microsoft Office as their primary personal productivity tool. Some people depend on Microsoft Word to make a living at work. I've used MS Office
since 1994 when Windows 95 came out.

Now we've got a real home office equipped with workstations, scanners, printers, and a fax machine. And, a broadband connection. On a cler day I can almost see the Eagle
Ford Shale. We are about a mile from George Straight's ranch.

We started out working for ScanCode using WordPerfect, Quattro Pro, and Paradox. I still think WP is the perfect word processor. Later we switched over to MS and started
using MS Word, Outlook, and MS Access.

According to what I've read, the people at Oracle didn't want to pay Microsoft millions to install MS Office on their 40,000 workstations, so they bought Sun and invented the
Oracle OpenOffice.

So we are trying out the Apache OpenOffice which is still a little buggy; and Google QuickOffice, which is not the same thing as Google Docs. QuickOffice is nice and you
can get 10 GB of free storage space!

The only problem is that the Google app is located on the cloud, so you're dependent
on having a broadband connection. Go figure.

Apache OpenOffice:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/reviews/

Google QuickOffice:
http://www.cbsnews.com/get-10gb-free-on-google-drive-with-quickoffice/ <http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505143_162-57604106/get-10gb-free-on-google-drive-with-quickoffice/>