http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IJ3DiqhlTw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Twilight_Zone_episodes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Serling <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shatner>

On 9/24/2013 11:24 AM, Share Long wrote:
Richard, get this, which I am not making up: I first watched Twilight around the same time my landlords started making garlic infused oil in the third apartment of the house! Ok, I'm gonna do some research on Walking Dead because it definitely sounds like a very cool theme even though generally I'm not into horror shows. I think Twilight is tame compared to most.

*From:* Richard J. Williams <pundits...@gmail.com>
*To:* Richard J. Williams <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:50 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: The Theology of Breaking Bad

Now this is funny- a guy thinks a Twilight book is about sex between werewolves.

Go figure.

If you enjoyed the Twilight movies you may want to check out AMC's The Walking Dead.

Based on the comic book series of the same name, AMC's The Walking Dead tells the story of a small group of survivors living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. A
Golden Globe Award for Best Television Series, Drama.

The series follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who are traveling in search of a safe and secure home. However, instead of the zombies, it is the living who
remain that truly become the walking dead.

And guess what - The Walking Dead is not about zombies at all. LoL!

Read more:

'At AMC, Zombies Topple Network TV'
New York Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/ <http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/business/media/walking-dead-helps-solidify-amcs-ratings-success.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0>

'The Walking Dead,' Like All Zombie Stories: ... Not About Zombies at All'
The Atlantic:
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/ <http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/11/the-walking-dead-like-all-zombie-stories-not-about-zombies-at-all/265549/>

On 9/24/2013 7:27 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>, Share Long <sharelong60@...> <mailto:sharelong60@...> wrote:

> turq, I don't find the writing in the Twilight novels
> that great. But I think it's a powerful retelling of
> the archetypal story of love between an immortal and
> a mortal, between God and human for us non atheists.
> In this sense, it's a story of surrender and unity to
> something greater than ourselves. Actually I think
> most romantic love stories are, on the deepest level,
> evoking the human yearning for unity with something
> more complete than ourselves. Also with regards to
> Twilight, perhaps a retelling of Beauty and the Beast,
> another archetypal love story. Maybe it's not an
> accident that the heroine is called Bella and the
> hero Edward calls himself a monster. Hopefully the
> archetypal aspects are also getting through to the
> teen audiences.

I can hardly speak as an expert, having made my
way through the first novel only because someone
was begging me to. It was like pulling my own teeth.

I later found criticisms of it that echoed what I
was feeling as I read. FAR from "archetypal" or
"mythic," I found it to be the literary counterpart
of those creepy clubs in high schools where they
talk guys and gals into wearing "virginity rings."

It was the mindset of the 1950s, with vampires and
the dangers of getting close to them taking the
place of the dangers of...uh...SEX. It was preaching
"sublimation," and resisting of natural desires, and
trying to elevate those things as if they were noble
and wonderful. I didn't feel that was an appropriate
message for teenagers, so I wasn't a fan.

But obviously, tastes vary. What surprises me about
the whole "Twilight" thang are the number of *older*
women who fixate on it.