 From: Steve Sundur <steve.sun...@yahoo.com>
To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: RE: RE: The Beast and the unborn

Hey Judy, sorry for any nastiness.  Seraphita's analysis of the book touched on
some of the reasons I did like the book.  Addiction issues have always been of
interest to me, maybe because those tendencies run in my family, although more
along an OC vein.

What I enjoyed about Diary of Drug Fiend was again, something Sera touched on -
that cocaine and heroin can have some beneficial applications.  And also, one
technique brought to light in the book was that removing the taboo on taking
the drugs, could help mitigate some of the addictive hold of the drugs.

Now, perhaps in the long term, or even short term that will not work, but I
find it an interesting idea, and one that I employ on occasion with regard to
some tendencies I have.

I mean that is nothing new.  Telling someone that can't have something only
increases the desire to have it. If they can suddenly have it in unlimited
amounts, then, it may lesson the desire.  As for an addiction, perhaps not, but
that was the premise of the book, IIRC.  Plus the story line was kind of
interesting

Having said that, that is about the only piece in the Crowley list of writings
that I have really looked in a more than cursory fashion.