So, you're thinking about getting a BDB - (BluRay disc burner), so you
can back up all your files - and maybe a watch movie disc or two on your
computer.

If so, in order to burn you'll be wanting to get the burner AND the
burning software, like PowerDVD, or WinDVD, or Nero or Tiny Burner, or
some other kind of burning program. It's not complicated.

 From an Amazon review:

"The Asus Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-Ray
Drive gave me the performance I expected without the headaches so common
to today's technology. My computer had ample memory and hard drive
resources. The Asus Black Blu Ray Drive replaced a CD burner using SATA.
Installing the drive was simple as swapping out the CD ROM RW Drive and
replacing it with this Blu Ray Drive. Just un-mount the old CD RW ROM
drive and mount the Blu Ray ROM drive, properly reconnect connect two
cables, reseal the machine and power that puppy up. In my case there was
no need to load special Blu Ray Disk Burning software since Windows 7
immediately detected the Asus Black Blu Ray Drive and loaded its
drivers. Within seconds Windows 7 announced that my hardware was ready
to use. I placed a high quality blank verbatim 25 GB Blu Ray disk into
this Asus Black Blu Ray Drive on a computer running Windows 7. Almost
instantaneously Windows opened a burn list window. I copied and pasted
items I wanted to back up to Blu Ray Disk. After making my final
selections I started the Blu Ray burn process. Burning the Blu Ray Disk
was effortless. I stayed off the system till the burn was over so the
burn was not stressed for lack of computer resources. I have since
burned 100's of blu ray disks with just two coasters in the bunch. For
what I paid the Asus Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA
Internal Blu-Ray Drive gave me more than my money's worth. I had zero
trouble installing the Blu Ray Drive. I don't really have a choice but
to give this Asus Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal
Blu-Ray Drive five stars because; my entire my experience with this
device was trouble free."