Seraphita, there are those who deny that the Holocaust ever happened. And there
are those, like Eisenhower who would deny the deniers. These are quotes of his
in wikipedia:

The same day[19] I saw my first horror camp. It was near the town of Gotha. I
have never been able to describe my emotional reactions when I first
came face to face with indisputable evidence of Nazi brutality and
ruthless disregard of every shred of decency. Up to that time I had
known about it only generally or through secondary sources. I am certain
however, that I have never at any time experienced an equal sense of
shock.
I visited every nook and cranny of the camp because I felt it my duty to
 be in a position from then on to testify at first hand about these
things in case there ever grew up at home the belief or assumption that
"the stories of Nazi brutality were just propaganda". Some members of
the visiting party were unable to go through with the ordeal. I not only
 did so but as soon as I returned to Patton's headquarters that evening I sent
communications to both Washington and
London, urging the two governments to send instantly to Germany a random group
of newspaper editors and representative groups from the national
legislatures. I felt that the evidence should be immediately placed
before the American and the British publics in a fashion that would
leave no room for cynical doubt.[20]
snip
The visual evidence and the verbal testimony of starvation, cruelty and
bestiality were so overpowering as to leave me a bit sick. In one room,
where they [there] were piled up twenty or thirty naked men, killed by
starvation, George Patton would not even enter. He said that he would
get sick if he did so. I made the visit deliberately, in order to be in a
position to give first-hand evidence of these things if ever, in the
future, there develops a tendency to charge these allegations merely to
"propaganda."[21]