--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
<snip>
> > Ask yourself whether there might be something just a bit
> > peculiar about the concept of "a technique to enable
> > us to appreciate the Now."
>
> Yes, Judy, I am familiar with your "infinite regress" argument --
> it just doesn't apply here, at least in any meaningful way. The
> fact is, these techniques do work, if we really feel we have a
> sincere need or desire to "grow."

But that's yet another iteration of the regress.
"Desire to grow" and "appreciate the Now" are
mutually exclusive, not just intellectually but
experientially.

Each is valid on its own level, but as long as
you're doing one, you aren't doing the other.

That's why this kind of thing has never worked
for me.