 Subject: RE: Re: RE: Re: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: The power nap: an alternative
to TM?
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Wednesday, October 9, 2013, 12:08 PM

       Hey Share,
 if a person is established in silence all the time, they no
 longer need to round seven and a half hours a day. It
 continues 24/7. So, there is not really a correlation
 between time explicitly spent meditating, and a person's
 ability to be a source of calm, vs a generator of
 noise.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Ann, there were 2
 posts and in one you focused on rounding spouses. As a
 response to the other, I refer you to this comment from
 Seraphita: We
  understand what you're saying but it is a common belief
 in all
 contemplative traditions that communities joined together
 practising
 silent prayer (eg, monks and nuns) have a beneficial effect
 on the world
  even though to practical, common-sense types they seem to
 be a waste of
  space. Indeed, even the very recollection that there are
 men and women
 who forsake the feverish ambitions of the mass of people
 induces a
 feeling of calm!

      On Wednesday,
 October 9, 2013 10:28 AM, "awoelflebater@..."
  <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In
 FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
 <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Now
 this comment from Judy is a perfect example of snarky IMO.
 Ann had criticized that people rounding for 7 1/2 hours were
 thus separated from their spouses. I responded reasonably
 noting that spouses who work away from home are also
 separated for 7 1/2 hours or so.
 My point, though, was not so much about spouses but
 more about the fact that people who meditate for 7.5 hours a
 day are not, in my opinion, "spiritual warriors"
 and that they obviously have absolutely nothing more
 desirable or pressing in their lives to
  apply themselves to. I would have to question their
 interestingness as human beings let alone their
 productiveness and ability to take advantage of all of the
 richness this waking life has to offer.

 On Wed, 10/9/13, judy stein <authfriend@...>