Today the Chromecast is running much better. Much, much better. Last Saturday I made a comment to a friend about Fry's selling a 55" TV for $499. I said, "but who has ever heard of TCL?" Duh, turns out they are one of the top 4 TV manufacturers in the world and have only recently set up shop in the US. Of course the $499 deal was only good for last Saturday... and again today.

I have all kinds of streaming devices around here and of course mentioned I got a Chromecast the other day. I don't need a "smart TV". BUT, most of the major manufacturers aren't making "dumb TVs" anymore. And you pay extra for the "smartness". For those who don't know, a "smart TV" comes with apps and wifi built in. Turns out the TCL was a "dumb TV" but doing some research got good reviews.

So I just finished first assembling the stand I bought with it. The stand was only $129 but I noticed that most all the sets at Frys were on it and if they trust it then it is good enough for me. Then the TV was assembled which consists of just attaching the stand that comes with it. Then hoisting the thing on the main stand which will also house the center speaker and BD players (I have two of them) plus the AV Receiver (I have a surround system with Klipsch speakers).

Turned on the TV and switch to the Chromecast which came up beautifully. Grabbed my Android phone and ran the Netflix app and started a movie and clicked on the Chromecast button and viola! the movie was on the TV and looks like the SuperHD feed too! Next the Hulu+ app will be added to the phone. Great stuff!