Share wrote:

 > My questions to emptybill are: what does Cyril of Alexandria
 > mean by the sin of one?

 He means Eve's disobedience.

 (I'm sure emptybill will correct me if I get anything wrong.)

 > Also, if all sin is illness, does that mean that the orthodox fathers
 > believe that all illness is indicative of sin?

 Did you read this part?

 "...Sickness, suffering and death come and when they do God's grace is able to
transform them into life-bearing trials, but are they God's will? Does God
punish us when the mood strikes, when our behavior displeases Him or for no
reason at all?"

 The answer in the essay to these rhetorical questions is clearly no.