Michael, I think to have a full picture of the TMO these days, a person has to
visit Fairfield for a few days, talk with people, attend a concert, stroll in
the town square, etc.

On Saturday, October 19, 2013 9:53 AM, Michael Jackson <mjackso...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Thanks Barry - I was just interested in the thing to have a full picture of the
Movement.
On Sat, 10/19/13, TurquoiseB <turquoi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Immortality Courses
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, October 19, 2013, 1:07 PM

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

>  Son you got it wrong, you are barking up the wrong
tree of life. There never was an immortality course, it was
an enlightenment course. It must have been a misnomer that
you read on one of those neganaut internet blogs full of
misimformation that try to disc TM. You already got an
immortal soul you just need to wake up to It. Hence the
Enlightenment course.

>  -Buck in the Dome

> ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com wrote:

>  I have searched all over and can find no mention of
the Immortality Courses once offered by the TMO - as an
historical piece of info I would like to know what these
were - if anyone knew of them, of what they promised and the
cost of them I would appreciate it if you could post that
info here. Especially anyone who actually took the course or
courses.

Buck may be right about this. There definitely *were*
"Enlightenment
Courses," held in the Netherlands, that promised
enlightenment as a
result of your one-month stay and one million dollar course
fee. At
one point Rick (I think) posted that for their million
bucks, the course
participants never even got to see Maharishi, except over
2-way TV.
As for the promised results, well. someone posted here in
the past that
David Lynch attended one of them, so there you jolly well
are, aren't
you? If he's not enlightened, no one is.

I may have conflated the notion of the "million dollar
course" with
tales of other latter-day TM courses I heard about through
the grape-
vine or on some Net forum, whose purpose was purported to be
the
attainment of physical immortality. I honestly don't
remember where
I heard these rumors, but they were accompanied by the line,
"people
I knew who attended these courses have since died."
Presumably
these people were Off The Program.

I admit to being less interested in the details of the
courses than the
mindset of the people who paid for and took them. We *know*
that
there were TM TBs who paid a million dollars for a
one-month
course that promised them enlightenment. There *may have
been*
people who paid for TM courses that suggested or promised
them
physical immortality. Either way, that level of gullibility
on the
part of the participants overshadows for me any culpability
on
the part of those who offered the courses.

As that great sage Paramahansa Trotakacharya Barnum is
rumored
to have once said, " The bigger the humbug, the better
people will
like it" and " Nobody ever lost a dollar by
underestimating the taste
of the American public."

One of his quotes would have been a great "tag
line" for the
Enlightenment Courses. He once was trying to clear the
crowds out
of one of the tents in his traveling circus/zoos/tent shows
so other
paying customers could enter, so he grabbed a megaphone and

announced, "This way to see the egress." Everyone
followed him. :-)

As far as Buck's claims that people are trying to
"disc TM," he
may be right about that as well.

http://www.covershut.com/cd_covers/Its-Kind-Of-A-Funny-Story-2010-Wide-Screen-Cd-Cover-50447.jpg