Buck wrote:

 > Okay that is an excellent scientific reason [herd-immuniity] to help with
 > the Fairfield meditating
 > community and the Dome numbers. But, is there really a significant good
 > scientific reason to not
 > get flu shots? [Some people claim we are getting over-shot and it screws up
 > the immune system
 > giving rise to so many modern hyper immune system malfunctions.]

 There's no good evidence for this or any other objection to getting a flu shot
(unless you're allergic to eggs or there are other individual
considerations--check with your doctor to make sure). There's a ridiculous
amount of anti-vax hysteria going around among the credulous and ignorant. Most
of it is pretty easily debunkable if you just check with reputable Web sites,
like those for the CDC or NIH or Web MD.

 > Give flu shots anyway to everyone going to the Domes to help keep the
 > aggregate Dome
 > meditation numbers high as they can Be?

 Well, to keep Fairfield residents generally as healthy as they can be, of
course, since vaccinated Dome-goers will contribute to herd immunity in the
larger community. But the Domes are probably excellent places to be exposed to
the flu.

 Also crucially important, of course, is to wash the hands frequently.

 Might be a good idea to have folks standing at the doors to squirt folks'
hands with one of the liquid hand sanitizers as they enter.

 > Buck, stuck at home meditating.

 Ann was right, BTW, the flu shot wouldn't have done anything to keep you from
getting the cold or bronchitis or pneumonia. You were right to stay home,
though, once you'd caught the cold. Bronchitis and pneumonia both can be
contagious as well.

 Older folk, BTW, should get the pneumonia vaccine. I think you only need it
once rather than seasonally. That might have kept your bronchitis from
progressing to pneumonia.