Vedamerlin? I see in the FFL photos section the artwork for the Global Country
emblem and flag. Also the tree of agriculture. Vedamerlin posted both. I'd like
to be able to share them with some folks studying this kind of artwork but
can't copy them out of the FFL photos section and people have to be FFL members
to peek. Veda, can you send them in the body of an e-mail post to FFL so they
can be seen by everyone? I would appreciate that and I think they would be
appreciated by others if they could be seen.
 -Buck in the Dome

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Anybody have an image of the "Wish-yielding Tree" from the brochure to look
at?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  the "wish-yielding tree" that symbolizes the effortless ability to fulfill
desires from the level of Natural Law." On the cover of a textbook for the
Ideal Girls School: "The cover, designed by Heather Hartnett, depicts the Kalp
Vriksha,

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 One lapel pin I'd like to have is the Global Country of World Peace pin, the
one with the graphic of the rising sun with its Golden rays. A little bit
before LB Shriver passed away he gave me his SRM lapel pin, the intricate one
with the face of Guru Dev Brahmananda Saraswati embossed on it and the words
“In God Consciousness Peace Energy Happiness Jai Guru Dev SRM . I wear it along
with my National Network to Freedom pin on my Quaker vest lapel. I'd add the
Global Country pin if I had one.
 -Buck

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Zoar [Ohio] prospered for 80 years.
 A seven pointed star of Bethlehem was chosen as the emblem and the acorn from
which the mighty oak grows was their symbol of strength.
 The emblem of the separatists, a huge star in red, white and yellow. Members
wore similar emblems on their shoulders to distinguish themselves from
strangers visiting the village. [The emblem was really cool and obviously had a
lot of symbolism in it. I looked all around the gift shop and bookstore to try
to buy one or get a picture or postcard and there was none to be had as I
recently visited Zoar.]

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 SHAKER TREE OF LIFE This Shaker drawing, known as the "Tree of Life," is the
most famous of the all Shaker "gift drawings." To the Shakers, fruit-bearing
trees represented the unspoiled loveliness of the Garden of Eden. It was
painted at Hancock Shaker Village in 1854. This is a limited edition serigraph
(silk screen print) of the original. It is framed under glass in a solid cherry
wood frame. Frame is finished with hand-rubbed oil and wax. Framed size is 26"
wide x 21" high. Ready to hang. Made in USA.

"City of Peace Monday July, 3rd 1854.
I received a draft of a beautiful Tree pencil'd on a large sheet of paper
bearing ripe fruit. I saw it plainly; it looked very singular and curious to
me. I have since learned that this tree grows in the Spirit Land. Afterwards
the spirit shew'd me plainly the branches, leaves and fruit, painted or drawn
upon paper. The leaves were check'd or cross'd and the same colors you see
here. I entreated Mother Ann to tell me the name of this tree: which she did
Oct. 1st 4th hour P.M. by moving the hand of a medium to write twice over Your
Tree is the Tree of Life.
Seen and painted by, Hannah Cohoon."

 This Shaker drawing is known as the "Tree of Life".
 Each Shaker "spirit" drawing was preceded by a heavenly vision which was
transferred to paper in meticulous detail.
 The "Tree of Life" was "seen and painted" by Sister Hanna Cohoon at the
Hancock community in the summer of 1854.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  The center piece of Zoar is the 3 acre religiously significant formal garden
featuring the center "tree of life."

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  “And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man
whom he had formed.  And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree
that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the
midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.”

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 What connection, if any, does the story of the three wise men presenting gifts
to the infant Jesus, have to do with the fact that even today we decorate trees
during our most Holy Day of the year, just like it was the same Asian Tree of
Plenty? A cargo cult?

 Also, is it a coincidence that the emblem for MUM is the Tree of Knowledge
which is akin to the Bodhi Tree of the historical Buddha?

 Three motifs loom large on the stage of world mythology; the dying and rising
tree spirit, the tree of life, the waxing and waning of the moon, and the
cast-skin. The myth of immortality can be traced back to Neolithic times and
had it's origin in Southeast Asia well over 5000 years ago. These myths through
a process of diffusion and human migration have spread out in more complex
combinations in Western mythology.

 In Asian mythology the fruit of the Tree of Plenty was discovered by children
through experimentation. Their parents decided to cut the tree down to get the
fruit. In this myth, the cutting down and destruction of the sacred tree acts
as a trigger, or is necessary to the general distribution of its product (Eden
in the East 356).

 The myth of the "Sacred Tree" in Genesis and the "Great Flood" myth mentioned
in the "Epic of Gilgamesh" could be versions of two of the most basic myths
known to history. The rite of "tree worship", in which the dying and rising
tree-spirit is destroyed and then brought back to life, points to man's ability
to harvest food. It is well known that the first cultivation of rice took place
in Southeast Asia and hence spread to India.

 Likewise, the myth of the flood could have originated when the polar icecaps
melted along with a general warming of the planet, forcing countless thousands
of coastal habitations to migrate all over Asia, China, Tibet, India, and the
Middle East, about 7,000 years ago.

 There are at least 2 more "tree" references, used in the TMO.

 1.  On the new currency by Maharishi: "The Raam Mudra is named for the ancient
Indian prince whose image appears on the notes. The colorful bills also feature
Sanskrit messages of peace and prosperity, a cow and a wish-fulfilling tree."

 2.  On the cover of a textbook for the Ideal Girls School: "The cover,
designed by Heather Hartnett, depicts the Kalp Vriksha, the "wish-yielding
tree" that symbolizes the effortless ability to fulfill desires from the level
of Natural Law."

 Works Cited:

 Harris, Stephen J. "Understanding the Bible." Mountain View: Mayfield, 2000

 The Jerusalem Bible. New York: Doubleday, 1966

 Oppenhiemer, Stephen, M.D., "Eden in the East." London: Phoenix, 1998

 Other titles of interst:

 De Camp, L. Sprague. "Lost Continents." New York: Dover, 1970