> > wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "off_world_beings"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
How

artificial

> > > I'm not sure Darwinists would agree that survival
> > > of the fittest could be characterized as a goal.
> > > That the fittest survive is just what happens--
> > > how could it not?>>>
> >
> > Then it cannot be given the name 'evolution' as if it has some
> > purpose. It would need to be called 'chaos'.
>
> The word 'evolution' does NOT imply 'purpose.'
>
> The sentient beings of the universe, as far as I can
> tell, are all evolving.  But personally I don't think
> that there is anywhere in particular that they are
> evolving *to*.  I have no problem with everything
> always evolving, but in a chaotic (meaning Inter-
> dependent Origination) way.  No goal, no purpose,
> just beings interacting and moving in the karmic
> direction spawned by that interation.>>>

Then the word 'sentient' is out of place and is an illusion that you
have placed upon the dead, inert, dumb universe.
You are avoiding the issue which is that evolution has order. You
said it yourself, it has 'direction' This implies order. Order
implies intelligence. All the words you are using imply intelligence.
If you say it has no order then you must say it is chaotic. There is
no way that you can claim it is chaotic in an intelligent way, which
is what you just claimed. Or maybe you mean't is is intelligent in a
chaotic way. This doesn't fly either.
If it is chaotic it has no business being called the (now) lofty
name of the 'God' called 'Evolution'.

OffWorld