Correction. Now that I'm paying more attention to the French, I
should say that most of the people "speaking" in the documentary
in sign language are students who were formerly abused by the
priests, not necessarily monks who had taken a vow of silence.
The students were deaf, you see, and the priests thought that
speaking only in sign language they'd never be able to convince
anyone what had happened to them.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "TurquoiseB"  wrote:

> Watching this documentary tonight, in French although the original was
> in English. Very powerful, and very disturbing. It's about sexual
abuse
> within the Catholic Church, told beautifully and heart-breakingly. The
> film won three Primetime Emmy awards, and won top honors at the
British