Judy,

 Most people in the USA, whether Christians or not, are not familiar with the
issues in Palestine.  We just see constant violence between the Israelis and
the Palestinians without knowing why.  It is good that someone like Jimmy
Carter is making headlines to disclose the apartheid condition that is
occurring in the land of the Palestinians.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w48Ne6vsO1w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w48Ne6vsO1w

 Nonetheless, in spite of his efforts, the Israelis are still occupying the
Palestinian lands and the US government doesn't appear to know how to handle
the situation.  Perhaps, it is because of the powerful lobby from some powerful
Christian  and Jewish groups who are supporting the Israeli policies, whether
just or not.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 John, as you know--don't you?--this is only a relatively small segment of
American Christians who are into the Rapture and Armageddon and so on. You
really shouldn't use the term "Christians" without some qualification, as if
what you were describing applied to all Christians in the country. A lot of
liberal Christians are on the side of the Palestinians against Israel, for
instance.

 (snip)