---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 Meanwhile, those who claim to have sussed out Barry's "formula"
 have *demonstrated* their compulsive reactivity and *their*
 "shoot the messenger" formula in at least 17 "get Barry" posts.
 All while trying to defend the cult they're part of or still feel
 some allegiance to.

 Sure is good to know they're so smart as not to fall for a "formula,"
 eh? :-) :-) :-)

 No one is falling for anything unless it is you that continues to fall for the
illusion that anyone is 'reacting', shooting the messenger (what messenger is
that anyway?), are members of any "cult" let alone "defending" it. By the way,
what are you doing reading my posts and responding to them? Are you hoping to
see that I had another dream about you, this time with your wiener showing?

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
wrote:

 > What really awes me about Barry's Formula is the projection. You will
 almost
 > always find at least one instance in a given rant of his scornfully
 accusing
 > others of something he frequently does himself--and often, as in this
 case,
 > in the same post in which he makes the accusation.
 >
 > I have never seen anybody else do this anywhere near so blatantly,
 nor so
 > completely obliviously. It speaks of a near-total absence of
 self-knowledge,
 > which is quite amazing for someone who has supposedly been on a
 > spiritual path (or nonpath) for almost 50 years.
 >
 > Ann wrote:
 >
 > > Barry's formula:
 > >
 > > 1) Write some screed peppered with untruths, exaggerations,
 illogical conclusions and
 > > irrelevant factoids.
 > >
 > > 2) Put it out there and to see what happens knowing or not knowing
 how bogus or insulting or
 > > just plain repetitive it is.
 > >
 > > 3) Act like you knew exactly what was going to happen as a result
 (somehow, in the dustier
 > > regions of your brain realizing others with a modicum of sense and
 rationality feel it incumbent
 > > to address the array of idiocy in your posts) and drag out the
 usual suspects in the form of
 > > analysis of what the responders were reacting to.
 > >
 > > 4) Pat yourself on the back for having "gotten" us all with your
 carefully laid trap.

 > > 5) Pour yourself another beer while oogling the happy, romantic
 couples at the next table and
 > > imagining that you too could be one of them - if only you weren't
 so busy keeping the cretins at
 > > FFL in line.
 >
 > I wrote:
 > Note that it was Judy who addressed Barry's message, and Barry who
 tried to shoot her for doing so in order to ignore her message. And he's
 utterly oblivious to the blatant projection.