No break needed, Bhairitu, I read the whole article. What was it you thought I
had missed?

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 I'll cut you are break that you probably didn't read the full article because
it is very long.  Towards the end he discussed Starbucks' issues.  A week or so
ago I posted an article about the disparity in pricing at Starbucks in
different areas of the world and how the Chinese are paying the most.   I don't
think Starbucks can raise prices much further in the US without losing a lot
more customers.

 They replaced the old fashioned espresso machines years ago with push button
ones. The baristas don't even need to know how to adjust the grind for the
humidity anymore because apparenlty the machine does it for them.  The clover
machine is pretty easy to use and they seem to get a kick out of making those
drinks.  But that machines is already automated as a kiosk at stores around
here.  Also the Keurig and it's knock offs make a pretty good brew too with
little effort.

 A couple years back Schultz complained he needed to raise prices due t the
increase in bean prices.  Then the following year bean prices went down. Did he
lower prices? Nope.

 I used to go to Starbucks daily but no longer.  Can't see spending that much
money.  When I lived 10 miles away I actually went to an independent shop.  The
ones around here don't have very good grinds so I don't frequent them much.  I
have my own espresso machine too and make my own drinks most of the week.