It's nowhere near that, doc. It's only people who have individual plans who are
subject to it, and they're a very small percentage of the market.

 Plus which, some of it is indeed "bad actors," insurance companies that try to
make these people believe their only option is a much more expensive one than
the one that was canceled, when actually the companies have cheaper plans that
meet the ACA standards and that are not that much more expensive although they
provide a lot better coverage than the plan that was canceled (which will very
likely save them money.in the longer run).

 I can't speak to your particular situation, but if you are genuinely getting
stuck with much higher premiums but not much better coverage, you're among a
very small group.

 We'd all be better off with single-payer, but the bottom line is that with
ACA, most people will benefit.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 OK - let's say it is just half of that - 45 million, which sounds closer,
anyway. It is a rigged game. Any policies that don't carry all the coverages
that are now federally mandated, must be cancelled, as mine was, and reissued.
It is not 'bad actors', as the prez is saying - It is federal law, which he
signed into place.

 It gets better. Then, when the policy is reissued, surprise, now, more than
double. Subsidies are only available on the more expensive plans, anyway. My
"choice", subsidized, or not, is basic insurance, with a $5000 annual
deductible, for $560/mo. I'd have to spend almost $12,000, per year, before
getting a dollar reimbursed.

 No thanks. Gee, I feel so grateful for 'health reform'.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 "93 million"?? Are you nuts? From which right-wing extremist liars did you get
this bit of ridiculous misinformation?

 Come on, Mike, let's see some attribution here.