Share wrote:
 (snip)
 > I was realizing yesterday during the Clinton exchanges, that we humans like
 > to think that
 > we're being logical and reasonable and intelligent about our political
 > choices. But I could feel
 > in myself on subtler levels, that my conclusions about Hillary Clinton are
 > not derived only
 > from facts and observables and logic.

 Um, that's what I was telling you yesterday and you were denying, Share.
Especially in the case of politicians' private lives, there's more to them than
"facts and observables and logic," and that more is what we cannot possibly
know. So our conclusions are always going to be based on our fantasies of what,
say, a couple's marriage is like. And if we then base our political choices on
those fantasies ("doormat," "enabler"), we're more likely than not to go
seriously astray.