Judy,

 I would tend to agree with you on this observation.  From what I understand,
it snows in Bethlehem during the winter months.  So, it would not have been
practical for the Romans to make the population travel to their tribal homes
for a census.

 Also, astrologically, it can be justified that Jesus was born on September 21
or after, when the Sun is in its fall.  Hence, he was born in a stable, a place
unsuitable for a human being and for a future King.

 This would imply that Jesus was born as a Cancer ascendant in jyotish
calculation.  Why?  Because the fourth house, meaning birth home, would be in
Libra, the sign where the Sun is debilitated.

 Also, this ascendant would mean that the 10th house of career or
accomplishment is in the sign of Aries, signifying the start of spring or
rebirth from the death of the Sun during the winter months.

 Therefore, it is logical that Jesus would be known in history as the Redeemer
who rose from the dead since the Sun (the symbol of Jesus) is exalted in Aries,
the start of spring and the renewal of life here on earth.

 There is more to this subject.  But I'll stop here for brevity.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Furthermore, Jesus couldn't have been born any later than September anyway, or
the flocks of sheep wouldn't still have been out in the fields (Luke 2:8
http://www.bibletools.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/Bible.show/sVerseID/24982/eVerseID/24982,
 "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping
watch over their flock by night"). It's pretty well established that by the 4th
century CE, the presumptive date of Christ's birth had been moved to December
25 in an attempt to co-opt (or compete with) the Roman solstice festival.

Seraphita wrote:

 > Why was it written that Jesus was born in a manger?

 > Pedant's Corner: it's not written. It says instead "And she brought forth
 > her firstborn son, and
 > wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger." Imagine Mary
 > straddling a
 > feeding trough to give birth.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_esq@...> wrote:

 Why was it written that Jesus was born in a manger?  Because he was born on
December 25 which astrologically lies between the signs of Sagittarius, a
horse, and Capricorn, the goat.  Interesting?  Bill Donohue explains more of
his observations as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M6j6DwBWBg&amp;list=PL4HZ228v9duPReHJuT6prrAUc9BzFEo_t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M6j6DwBWBg&amp;list=PL4HZ228v9duPReHJuT6prrAUc9BzFEo_t