India has regional dialects of Hindi not to mention other languages such as Urdu, Malayalam and Tamil. So you can get differences in pronunciation that way. Transliteration is another issue. One thing about the sheets we got on TTC with the puja was that they had taken pains to use transliterations that made it easy for Americans.