Well, this is an internet forum, not a scholar's place necessarily. Yeah
crediting, that is an interesting problem communicating quick in a place like
this. On FFL and other forums people are so quick with the ad hominem or
dropping in to rabbit holes that credits can be themselves actually distracting
to what is being said. Like a while ago I paraphrased extensively from Mao's
quotations in to TM-ese as an exercise to see how it sounded. I've shared that
paraphrase with other people and outside scholars too. I find that if I start
out identifying it from Mao people never get to reading the text but get
entirely distracted by the source of the citation. Works a lot better to have
them read through the paraphrase first, then they get the power of what was
said rather than being distracted by who said it. A while back ago I used the
wisdom of Tolstoy in a long exchange with the spiritually confused volunteer,
Turqb. The dialogue worked much better between Buck and Turq for people to read
than if the Tolstoy text would have just been offered and cited. I appreciate
that Authfriend and some others are writers and editors by profession and live
and think in that world. Internet forums seem to have their rules that may be
different as a living culture. Of course my own challenge is that I was
arrested at the eighth grade level of rhetoric. Forgive me. Sorrry, I got to go
now. I got to go right now and take a load of lamb rams to “locker-camp”. Rams
loaded early this morning before meditation at the Dome, I got an appointment.
Life on the farm after meditation, -Buck

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 ---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 The paragraphs would be just as stirring, Buck, if you credited them properly,
along with a "paraphrased from" notation (as with the verses from Matthew we
discussed earlier).

 In this case, though, the lack of such a credit line makes it appear you are
hoping everyone will attribute the stirring rhetoric to your own writing skill.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Om ha, ha, ha, ha. Xeno, evidently I struck your nerve. Classic. Typical ad
hominem response to hit back at the messenger and not deal with the message.
Would seems you are just one so sad no account sorry quitter himself for having
fallen off the wagon as it drove on leaving you behind. I like these paragraphs
for the study of how they can stir people. Worked even for you now. Thanks,
 -Buck

 Now you sound like Barry, Buck - like you meant to push buttons and get a
reaction that hit back at you. You did not. You meant to do what you always do:
regurgitate some lame-brained and, may I say, very boring outdated kind of
spiel on the merits of good works (meditating) and the meritorious rewards
(support of nature) that will result. Not a soul here feels any of this as
having an iota of flesh and blood behind it. It is all emptiness and very
hollow.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote:

 And in addition Buck -

 You posted this last year as well. Your repetitious plagiarism, spamming, and
typical lack of original thinking here rather ill suits communicating to those
on this forum. There is a spark in there somewhere Buck - it shows very
occasionally - why not work on letting that come through instead of this
ponderous Bible thumping approach which was better suited to a previous age.
You are making it appear that meditation has zero effect on a person's life.
The dinosaurs disappeared 65,000,000 years ago. Time to catch up!

  Buck wrote:

 > It is not that these meditators have lived, but that they have so
 > lived...that they offered
 > themselves willingly in a cause vital and dear to humanity; and what is
 > more, a cause they
 > comprehended as such, and looking at it, in all its bearings and its
 > consequences, solemnly
 > pledged to it all that they had and were.... This comprehension of the
 > cause, this intelligent
 > devotion, this deliberate dedication of themselves to duty, they suffered in
 > testimony of their
 > loyalty, faith and love, make these meditators worthy of honor today, not
 > merely that the cause
 > was worthy but that they were worthy.

 Excerpt from Civil War Brigadier General Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain's 1884
Memorial Day Address:

 It is not that these men are dead, but that they have so died...that they
offered themselves willingly to death in a cause vital and dear to humanity;
and what is more, a cause they comprehended as such, and looking at it, in all
its bearings and its consequences, solemnly pledged to it all that they had and
were.... This comprehension of the cause—this intelligent devotion—this
deliberate dedication of themselves to duty—these deaths suffered in testimony
of their loyalty, faith and love, make these men worthy of honor today, and
these deaths equal to the lauded deaths of martyrs. Not merely that the cause
was worthy but that they were worthy....

 http://dragoon1st.tripod.com/cw/files/jlc_words.html
http://dragoon1st.tripod.com/cw/files/jlc_words.html