Gettin' ready to watch Slingblade again, haven't seen it in a while.
On Tue, 11/12/13, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

 Subject: [FairfieldLife] More Watchables
 To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 7:51 PM

       After catching a promo for it on Hulu I decided to
 give "Once Upon a

 Time In Wonderland" a try.  It started up this fall on
 ABC.  I did like

 the pilot episode and has some good actors in it (John
 Lithgow does the

 voice the white rabbit).  Writing isn't bad either and I
 see some BSG

 refugees writing for it.

 Definitely not for Buck but very thought provoking is the
 rental release

 of "The Purge" which takes place in a future time
 where once a year

 killing is legal to purge and cleanse the country.  It is a
 hit on how

 bad things could become if you let Tea Party thinking take
 over

 (unlikely to happen).  It has very much a "Stepford
 Wives" feel to it.

 One I haven't seen yet but I thought I might alert Turq
 and other Brit

 Marling fans is "The East".  It's about a
 woman who infiltrates an

 anarchist group which is fighting against big corporations
 and

 apparently has an awakening along the way.  It's
 available for rental as

 well as "Lovelace" for those who want to relive
 the wild 1970s again. :-D