Pages to read: http://ammascandal.wordpress.com/category/amma-lies/

http://ammascandal.wordpress.com/category/amma-scandal/

From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Share Long
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:43 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: RE: Re: Holy Hell: A Memoir of Faith,
Devotion, and Pure Madness

I've been to Amma's gatherings a few times and liked getting hugged, liked the
bhajans and the feeling of being at a market in India. I also liked that it was
sooooooooo different than TM gatherings which are drier and more knowledge
based. Also it was interesting to see the Western devotees garbed in Indian
clothing and living a more obviously ashram lifestyle. A former boyfriend left
Purusha and ended up buying a condo at Amma's ashram in India and I got some
insights from him about that particular path. Bottom line, we live in
interesting times but maybe everybody in every era thinks that!

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 10:52 PM, " <mailto:emilymae...@yahoo.com>
emilymae...@yahoo.com" < <mailto:emilymae...@yahoo.com> emilymae...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I only spent 3 days and just one time (although it was enough for me to spend
hours on the internet to reconcile my reality and that of my children's with
the experience and the experience of the family I went with and to feel
compelled to write up my story for a post in the process).  I think Rick or
Ravi or maybe Share? could take you up on this, but I don't want to start any
drama.  It is a good story and it represents 20 years of her life and I respect
it and her fully.

---In  <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <
<mailto:awoelflebater@...> awoelflebater@...> wrote:

Hmmm, I would be interested to compare the experience of those who had been
around Amma with what the author is going to reveal in her book. I would also
like to know if what the author says resonates in any way or form with what
someone who approaches Amma openly and sincerely would have to say about their
experience with/of her. Everyone is different and their filtering/perception
mechanism is different from those possessed by others. I would love to know how
I would feel in her presence, receiving her touch and then compare it with Gail
Tredwell's story and why and how she decided she wanted to move away from Amma.
Anyone want to read the book and let me know about this, especially if you have
spent time with her?

---In  <mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <
<mailto:emilymaenot@...> emilymaenot@...> wrote:

She wrote it largely to facilitate her healing process and it isn't a
comprehensive look at the Amma organization, but it blows the lid off of Amma
as the "hugging saint" or "saint" in any respect, in ways that would create the
need for one to engage in some serious mind-bending denial to continue to see
her (particularly as a hanger-on).  Well, I guess I just gave it a review of
sorts, but pay no attention.  I like stories of people and their lives.  Smile.

---In  <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <
<mailto:awoelflebater@...> awoelflebater@...> wrote:

Emily, I have just purchased the book and it looks like a good read. I know
really nothing about Amma other than what I have read about her here at FFL.
Having emerged from a cult experience myself I will be looking forward to
seeing what the author has to say.

---In  <mailto:fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <
<mailto:sharelong60@...> sharelong60@...> wrote:

Emily, did you find that reading this book shed some light on the experiences
you and your daughters had when you went to see Amma in person?

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 1:39 AM, " <mailto:emilymaenot@...>