---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Barry wrote:

 > Since we segued into this stream of thought via the issue

 > of feminism,

 Actually, "we" didn't; you did, via the post I just commented on.
 Feminism hadn't had anything to do with the thread until you
 brought it up.

 I noticed that.  Guess he was just trying to keep the focus on himself.  Barry
talking about feminism goes hand in hand with Share's nod to John Gray, who
I've always considered a chauvinist.

 As an aside that doesn't relate, I didn't realize until today his connection
to Maharishi.

 (snip)
 > I ask you, which of these guys acted in a manner that

 > indicated more respect for women? The guy who believes
> that -- being female -- she carries some kind of weird
> monk cooties that will infect you and lure you off the
> path, or the guy who just gave her a ride across the
> river, and then left her on the other side?

 The young monk (this is a Buddhist tale, BTW, so
 presumably he's a Buddhist monk) is concerned about
 the monkish vows never to touch women that he and
 his companion had taken.

 How come Buddhism has such a fear of female cooties?

(snip)
 >Then again, if the person getting a piggyback ride
 > had been an old woman, this story would probably
> never have been remarked on, and thus probably
> never repeated enough times to become the spiritual
> staple it has. It's the fact that it's a *young* woman
> that drives the story. How ageist is that?

 Um, as ageist as your repeated insults about their
 age to your critics who happen to be older women?