What you have to do is select a site that has most of the needed elements
already at hand.

That way, you don't have to dig into the earth very much - you just pick
the ideal stones and carry them to the site. Ideally it should be no more
than 10,000 feet to transport the stones. There should be a minimum of
shaping the stones, they should be selected based on the positioning of the
stones. Remember, it's all about positioning and placement. The tricky part
is to try not to disturb nature any more than you have to. According to
Yaqui Vastu, you should employ the minimum exertion in order to obtain a
maximum benefit.

Now, for the cedar posts: you should select a site that has an abundance of
cedar trees. Keep in mind that only certain branches of the tree will be
used, so as to minimize stress during the pruning process. The really
tricky part of the Yaqui Vastu is the cement or the plaster used to hold
things together. More on this later.

As for sustainability, here is an example of a Yaqui Vastu structure from
circa 1760:

[image: Inline image 1]

San Jose Mission, San Antonio, Texas

Note on edifice architecture:

In the traditional Indian view, a building, if it is properly conceived,
satisfies both a physical and metaphysical indigence. It has a twofold
function: it provides 'commodity, firmness, and delight' so as to serve
man's psychosomatic, emotional and aesthetic needs, and also
supra-empirical principles.

In this view an adequately designed building will embody meaning. It will
express the manner in which the phenomenal world relates to the Real and
how the One 'fragments' into multiplicity; it will carry intimations of the
non-duality (adwaita) of the sensible and the supra-sensible domains.