Yes, a beautiful man. He died in 2007.

 His best-known book (only 100 pages long) was "On Having No Head: Zen and the
Rediscovery of the Obvious" but his own personal favourite (and mine too) is
"The Trial of the Man Who Said He Was God".

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <emilymaenot@...> wrote:

 Yes, I did too.  I liked:  "Thank God I'm not like that here...."; "Nearer to
you than all else is the origin of the world;" and his last quote from the
Qu'ran.."Man is like a mirage in the desert. When you go up to him, you lose
him, and where you thought there was a man, there you find God."

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  Thanks so much for this s3. I enjoyed it immensely.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <s3raphita@...> wrote:

 Ten-minute YouTube clip in which English eccentric Douglas Harding insists you
are not what you look like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcDMJvO6aHU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcDMJvO6aHU