On Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:56 AM, TurquoiseB <turquoi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It's cold here in Paris this morning, the temps in the subject line, in Celsius
and Fahrenheit, respectively. Doesn't actually lend itself to cafe terrace
writing, unless you find one with good space heaters, and free Wifi. I did. Be
warned. :-)

The people passing by are bundled up, except for the occasional women who use
it as an occasion to wear their heels and black tights, which do wonders to
warm up the whole environment. Bless them for their compassion. :-)

The people in this particular cafe are more of the New York Sunday Morning
mindset, reading their newspapers or magazines and looking as if they suffer
from sleep inertia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_inertia ). Me, I never
seem to have to worry about that, because I wake up naturally at about the same
time every morning, never needing an alarm, and never suffering from that
period of grogginess and reduced mental alertness that many people do.

This tends to mean that I can easily write in the mornings, the words just
flowing freely as ideas come to me. It does *not* mean that these ideas are in
any way meaningful to anyone but myself, but that's why I inserted the warning.
:-)

Guess I'll just rap about some of the weird things I find on the Internet as I
sit here. The first article I stumble upon is an article called Benedict
Cumberbatch Is A Gay Erotic God In China
(http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/11/15/erotic_benedict_cumberbatch_fanfiction_in_china
 ), which confirms my suspicion that the Chinese are even weirder than the
Japanese and the Americans. The incredible number of Japanese who find girls in
school uniforms erotic is weird, and the American fascination for "Twilight"
vampires (even turning them into best-selling housewife porn) is even weirder.
But the Chinese writing gay Sherlock Holmes porn is just too weird, even for
me.

Maybe I'll try to read about something safer, like fashion. Women's fashion can
get weird, but men's fashion is usually safely boring. Uh oh.
(http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/ideas/2013/11/this-bulletproof-suit-lets-you-escape-the-line-of-fire-in-style/
 ) Move on.

How 'bout cars. There can't be anything weird about cars, right? It's not as if
the manufacturers can remotely disable them if you don't make your monthly
payments on them, right? Uh oh.
(http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/16/french-automaker-renault-can-cut-off-your-car-battery-if-you-dont-make-payments-on-time/
 )

All of this is just on one website. Uh oh...here's China again.
(http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/11/14/that_time_a_buddhist_nun_walked_into_beijings_futuristic_sex_shop
 )

How 'bout science. That's safe, right? Uh oh..."Clam-gate."
(http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/11/131116-oldest-clam-dead-ming-science-ocean-507/
 )

Le monde est fou, fou, fou. I think I'll go back to Fairfield Life, where
people talk about the spiritual teachers they gave all their power to and
allowed to control their lives and dominate their thoughts. Sure glad they're
past all that now. :-)