And, non-meditators.. Ha, ha, ha.

 “They whose awareness is not open to this level of reality, what can these
eternal expressions of knowledge accomplish for them?  But the whose awareness
is open to it -the field of pure consciousness, the home of all knowledge- are
profoundly established in it.”

  You asked about transcendental meditating {?}
 transcendental meditation:
 “Richa is situated in Akshara: knowledge is structured in consciousness, the
nonchanging transcendental basis of all relative existence, in which reside the
impulses of creative intelligence responsible for the whole manifest universe.

  Well, of course there are a few of us here.  Once initiated as a transcending
meditation TMer then always a TMer. There's no going back. Then, practically
there are meditators who are practitioners, the irregulars or fallen away, and
those meditators who are quitters. Now, one might not be actively part of the
TM movement, but you Be a meditator then anyway that you want to parse your
affinity with the TM movement. But conversely someone here who has never been
initiated and instructed in meditation by an experienced transcending
meditation TM teacher is definitely a non-meditator. Clueless, they have no
idea what is going on as non-meditators.
 -Buck

 ---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Yes, spiritual but not religious modern Unified Field Physicists; aka Saivites
of a former period.
 “A more likely probability is that some are Saivite nondualists, not Buddhists
nondualists”.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <yifuxero@...> wrote:

  Right....; but one can be a TMer without being a TB.
 Sam Harris on the roots of good and evil.

 http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-roots-of-good-and-evil
http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-roots-of-good-and-evil

 On the question of whether the butt-bouncers are Buddhists.  Most are
non-dualists, of which the two major camps are (most of Buddhism); and Saivite
(what is called by Westerners Hinduism).  Ramana Maharshi was definitely a
devotee of Arunachala Shiva but never claimed to be a Hindu.
 In short, the TM - TB butt bouncers are mostly nondualists but not necessarily
Buddhists.  In order to fit into the latter, one would (also) have to be
aligned with some of the Buddhist icons or Yidams.  It's safe to say that few
TM practitioners are also devoted to Chenrizig, the Green Tara, etc;.....and
are thus not Buddhists except for the non-dualist part.
 A more likely probability is that some are Saivite nondualists, not Buddhists
nondualists.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 "TM" is not trademarked in the United Kingdom.

 So, ever since I first saw the term TMer used in a post by Judy, I've
 been asking her, and everyone else that comes here, what a TMer is.
 Nobody has been able to answer that question - case in point. All I
 could get out of you was that tantra means a "thread" - not very
 helpful. If you can't even define what TM is, how could you say what a
 TMer is? Go figure.

 So, let's do the math:

 1. A TMer practices TM twice a day for twenty minutes.
 2. A TMer meditates exactly twenty minutes, no more no less.
 3. A TMer always practices TM twice a day, no exceptions.
 4. A TMer has always practiced TM every single day since he or she
 learned TM.
 5. A TMer is a TMer if he or she says they are a TMer.