This got me to thinking too, about being in the right place at the right
time. I wonder how much being in the right place at the right time is a
matter of personal choice or just plain old karma.

As I get older I've begun to think back about the choices I made in the
past, and why I made those choices. Only a few times can I remember
actually deciding what to do - there's always some force involved that
is often unseen or accounted for.

Most of the time being where I was was not something I had much control
over - it was mostly a matter of necessity and/or survival. Most of us
don't get to make real choices - we think we do, but mainly we make
choices because of finances that seem to dictate where we go, how we
live, and what we do.

But, if you look back and examine things and events real closely, you
may find that  things and events happen for a reason, sometimes for
reasons we don't understand at the time. Everything is connected and
every action we take comes from a cause - there's not much free will
when you really think about it.

If we've all lived lives in the past, you'll realize that there's
nothing much we can do now to change what came before - all we can do
now is try to make things better for ourselves in the future. For some,
being in the right place at the right times is just a matter of fate,
but I think most of what happens to us is the result of what we did in
the past, which we often don't even understand. If we could go back and
make another different decision, who knows what would happen?

Karma is a bitch! Remember the future.