Eric Clapton

[image: Inline image 1]

One of his most popular recordings is Robert Johnson's "Crossroads",
recorded by Cream, with Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker.

Cream Reunion Concert - Crossroads
http://youtu.be/UGrnUdGAWUE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Clapton

Ranked second in Rolling Stone magazine's list of the '100 Greatest
Guitarists of All Time', and fourth in Gibson's 'Top 50 Guitarists of All
Time'.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists/eric-clapton<http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123/eric-clapton-20111122>

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Top-50-Guitarists-528.aspx

According to Bob Gulla, "Clapton's sound and playing inspired a
well-publicized graffiti that deified him with the famous slogan "Clapton
is God". The phrase was spray-painted by an admirer on a wall in an
Islington Underground station in the autumn of 1967. The graffiti was
captured in a now-famous photograph, in which a dog is urinating on the
wall."

Work cited:

'Guitar Gods: The 25 Players Who Made Rock History'
by Bob Gulla
Greenwood, 2008
pgs. 40–41

Read more:

Eric Clapton, Clapton, The Autobiography
by Eric Clapton
Broadway Book1

'Wonderful Tonight: George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and Me'
by Pattie Boyd
Three Rivers Press, 2008