That's the deal - He is the first Pope from Latin America, and they know all
about exploitation there, and the lack of social justice. Yes, a welcome change.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 It's just so startling hearing something like that these days from anyone but
a librul-type Protestant or Jew. Francis is really busting up the contemporary
image of Roman Catholicism. Of course Church doctrine has always had a very
strong social-justice, caring-for-the-oppressed component; it just hasn't been
the most evident theme in recent times.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Very good that he actually said it. I am not terribly religious myself, though
he has a lot of influence, being The Pope, and all.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <noozguru@...> wrote:

 Thom Hartmann actually said that he might have to convert to Catholicism.  Not
me, I'm not into religions at all.  But you don't have to be the Pope to figure
this out.