> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > And what are those Nosers of Reality all about?
> >
> > I think Socrates nailed it when he said "nose thyself".
> >
> > But as I always say, what my girl friend doesn't nose won't hurt
> > her.
> >
> > Reveal thy wisdom unto me. I wants to nose.
>
> A nosological primer:

Or Steve Martin's version of the same thing,
from the film "Roxanne" --

1. Obvious: Excuse me. Is that your nose or did a bus park on your
face.
2. Meteorological: Everybody take cover. She's going to blow.
3. Fashionable: You know, you could de-emphasize your nose if you
wore something larger. Like ... Wyoming.
4. Personal: Well, here we are. Just the three of us.
5. Punctual: Alright gentlemen. Your nose was on time but you were
fifteen minutes late.
6. Envious: Oooo, I wish I were you. Gosh. To be able to smell your
own ear.
7. Naughty: Pardon me, Sir. Some of the ladies have asked if you
wouldn't mind putting that thing away.
8. Philosophical: You know. It's not the size of a nose that's
important. It's what's in it that matters.
9. Humorous: Laugh and the world laughs with you. Sneeze and it's
goodbye Seattle.
10. Commercial: Hi, I'm Earl Schibe and I can paint that nose for
$39.95.
11. Polite: Ah. Would you mind not bobbing your head. The orchestra
keeps changing tempo.
12. Melodic: Everybody! "He's got the whole world in his nose."
13. Sympathetic: Oh, What happened? Did your parents lose a bet with
God?
14. Complimentary: You must love the little birdies to give them this
to perch on.
15. Scientific: Say, does that thing there influence the tides.
16. Obscure: Oh, I'd hate to see the grindstone.
17. Inquiry: When you stop to smell the flowers, are they afraid?
18. French: Say, the pigs have refused to find any more truffles
until you leave.
19. Pornographic: Finally, a man who can satisfy two women at once.
20. Religious: The Lord giveth and He just kept on giving, didn't He.
21. Disgusting: Say, who mows your nose hair.
22. Paranoid: Keep that guy away from my cocaine!
23. Aromatic: It must be wonderful to wake up in the morning and
smell the coffee ... in Brazil.
24. Appreciative: Oooo, how original. Most people just have their
teeth capped.
25. Dirty: Your name wouldn't be Dick, would it?