> So I have concluded from this that there is nothing for me to
> do 'out there', such as a yagya, <snip>

A most interesting phrase, Jim, and one that reminds me of a Durga
Puja I attended here in Fairfield a few months back -- the first
such since leaving the TMO, IIRC, several decades ago.
For some time during the ceremony, I wondered why I was there, as
absolutely nothing was going on out there (though the ritual was
interesting enough). Then I thought to look in here, inside the
physical body, and was awestruck at the complexity of the tiny
impulses being awakened within the form with every name chanted. It
culminated with my physical form becoming that of Durga. Then for a
number of days I got as sick as I have ever been since awakening.
*LOL* All in all, a truly enjoyable and enlivening and purifying
experience! :-)