A marine biologist developed a race of genetically engineered dolphins
that could live forever if they were fed a steady diet of  seagulls.

One day, his supply of the birds ran out so he had to go out and trap
some more. On the way back, he spied two lions asleep on the road.

Afraid to wake them, he gingerly stepped over them. Immediately, he was
arrested and charged with transporting gulls across sedate lions for
immortal porpoises.