For scholars who are looking in on Fairfield Life, there is a FFL post that
includes part of the written INTRODUCTION to the Collected Papers Volume I.
That text as an introduction essay and the PREFACE written by Maharishi Mahesh
Yogi published in the Collected Papers are possibly some of the most important
writings of the 20th Century to review, along with the weight of the collected
papers. Our hardened and skeptical neganauts here on FFL would never admit this
fact but it is true and rich in perspective now by history.
 -Buck in the Dome

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

  See Intro and Preface to the Collected Papers Volume I
 http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FairfieldLife/conversations/messages/362334

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

  It should be quite fairly said in summation that one of the historically more
pivotal and important books published in the 20th Century was, Scientific
Research on the Transcendental Meditation Program Collected Papers Volume I
(1976). The “Collected Papers” though not as well known as the Auto-biography
of a Yogi (1946) or Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-Tung (1966) though none
the less, the Collected Papers (1976) was similarly transforming in scope.
 -Buck

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 “Given the strength of these results, their consistency with the positive
results of previous research, the grave human and financial costs of violent
crime, and the lack of other effective and scientific methods to reduce crime,
policy makers are urged to apply this approach on a large scale for the benefit
of society.”

 Effects of Group Practice of the Transcendental Meditation Program on
Preventing Violent Crime in Washington, DC: Results of the National
Demonstration Project, June-July 1993
http://www.istpp.org/crime_prevention/index.html
http://www.istpp.org/crime_prevention/index.html

Published in Scientific Research on the Transcendental Meditation Program
Collected Papers Volume I (1976)

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Well you see, according to the science, having numbers of people meditating
together does evidently matter. Numbers and proximity. That makes a lot of
sense in my experience too.

 Like, just look at the science on meditation now. Folks here should sober up
really quick. Farmers are practical scientists and as an Iowa farmer I must
make decisions all the time everyday based on the science of nature. By science
it seems it is certainly time for a Compulsory National Service Campaign
towards creating a compulsory peace between us and nature, by everyone taking
the quiet time for meditating. Every day twice a day.
 I feel people who would reject this are anti-social in the least.
 -Buck

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Frankly, I can't see why people would live here in Fairfield, Iowa and not go
to the Domes to meditate. That, not making the time in life to meditate in the
Dome with the group, is just an incredibly lost opportunity in a lifetime.
 -Buck