FWIW, the Eucharist can be a deeply spiritual experience for devout Christians,
especially Catholics, not so much of the "emotionally enthusiastic" sort but
more private and internal.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <yifuxero@...> wrote:

 (basic rationale can also be applied to Christianity but without much
success). ...
 I made a quick inventory of what elements make programs successful, restricted
to Traditions derived or evolved from (what Westerners call): Hinduism, and
Buddhism; also inclusive of Indian subcontinent Traditions in which there is no
expressed allegiance to any other lineage; but which obviously are related to
typically "religious" groups.
 ..
 Examples: MMY and the various TM programs: (basically technique oriented with
ritualistic overtones derived from a "Holy Tradition"; so we include and
examine this in the light of the checklist I came up with.:

 CHECKLIST:
 1. Devotion - to a Guru or Deity
 2. Shakti (ie.is Shakti present ? (You'll have to use your Shakti meter on
this one!)
 3. Rituals
 4. An ancient language capable of acting as a "carrier" for the Shakti, such
as Skt, Sino-Japanese, Hebrew, etc...
 5. Mantras: repeated silently, outloud, or as japa....
 ....5b. also includes the mechanism of repeating the mantra such as degree of
"hard" concentration, etc.
 6. Breathing techniques with activation of the chakras
 7. Group programs available? (may include you-tube presentations)
 8. Regular practices leading to goals
 9. an "elevated" Guru preferably without moral blemish.
 10. Yagyas designed to mitigate bad karma.
 Now we can select some groups, then evaluate them in light of the checklist.
 I note - on mantras, MMY's programs are deficient in japa, whereas SSRS
recommends the repetition of the Gayatri Mantra.  The TMO doesn't object to the
devotional element, which is up to the individual. On the downside, the TMO may
likewise miss out on the opportunity to strongly support one devotional icon as
opposed to others.  On the latter basis coupled with #9, Christianity has
basically taken over 1/3 of the world without having strong contributions in
some of the other places.
 In regard to Christianity, I'd say that on the whole, it's woefully indequate,
particularly in the Shakti category. However, there's plenty of emotional
enthusiasm in some of the Christian sections, particularly among the
Evangelicals.  However, an abundance of emotional enthusiasm is no substitute
for the Shaki that allows for "transcendence".
 In my experience, the most intense Shakti site is the Ramakrishna Temple in
Hollywood, CA.
 The evil sects can also be evaluated using the checklist, with probable
failure in the moral development of the leader.  However, even with minor moral
deficiencies, some Traditions can be quite successful,.....up to a point!..
 http://www.youtube.com/user/RajshriSoul?v=0D3VbBoJBrM
http://www.youtube.com/user/RajshriSoul?v=0D3VbBoJBrM