> On 10/3/05 8:49 AM, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the rundown.  Seems odd to me, though,
> > to lump pseudo- and neo-Advaitins together if Papaji
> > is an example of the former and Ramana of the latter.
>
> Not what I was trying to convey. Papaji was the real juju. He
> transmitted the non-dual state to some of his American students who
> felt they were now enlightened. They returned to the US and helped
> foster what is now termed "pseudo-advaita--at least in the current
> sense, it's probably older. Andrew Cohen was one of the "leeches"
> who brought back his alleged "enlightenment".

Oh, I see.  I thought you had quoted that exchange
with Papaji to highlight his misbehavior toward his
students, lying to them to get rid of them and so on.

Some here have claimed MMY expressed contempt for his
Western students, saying how easily they were fooled.
I guess that's really a virtue, then, no?