According to John Hughes, a TM teacher (Rishikesh TTC 1968), Kashmere
Tantracsm agrees with many of MMY's teachings concerning transcendental
meditation using bija mantra sound vibration, and siddha yoga.

[image: Inline image 1]

MMY and Swami Laksmanjoo in Kashmere 1968

"My wife and I first journeyed to Kashmir in the spring of 1969, along with
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and a group of his Western students. During our stay
Swami Lakshmanjoo gave a discourse to our group on Kashmir Saivism. As a
graduate student of Indian philosophy and religious studies, I was
intrigued by this impressive speaker and the relatively unknown philosophy
he spoke about. In 1971 returned to Kashmir along with my wife Denise and
daughter Shanna to learn from Swamiji the philosophy and practical
teachings of Kashmir Saivism.

Although I still knew very little about Kashmir Saivism I knew it was a
tradition that emphasized realizing and experiencing the supreme truth in
the context of one's own life. Furthermore, I knew deep down that if I
wanted to learn the secrets of Kashmir Saivism I needed to study with a
teacher who not only understood the tradition, but had practically
experienced its fruit and truth in his own life and being.

My research convinced me that Swami Lakshmanjoo was such a man. He was, at
the time, the last living master of the Kashmir Saivaite tradition; that
is, he was the last in a line of masters/disciples whose spiritual
genealogy was marked by direct oral transmission of the secrets of Saivism.
Being the last living guru of Kashmir Saivism meant that Swamiji held the
pure distillation of a rich spiritual tradition" - John Hughes

Read more:

'Self Realization in Kashmere Shaivism'
The oral teachings of Swami Laksmanjoo.
By John Hughes