So, you're still hanging around cafes in Paris. There's a Paris, Texas, that has a Dairy Queen that is probably every bit as interesting as the one in France. LoL!

You are probably thinking of Newtonian "time", a realist view; a dimension independent of events. But, "time" based on duration is just a subjective intellectual exercise in which humans sequence and compare events based on the linear movement of the stars. In fact, Einstein described time as "space-time"; a special theory of relativity.

If this is an example of your scientific writings, maybe you should get some smarts: things don't move about - and change is impossible. I'm going to have to give you an "F" for posting this little non-sense message about your memories. It really tells us nothing about real time. You might do better trying a little "time" management and post something interesting to read instead of mundane cafe speculations.

According to Leibnitz and Kant, time is neither an event nor a thing, and thus is not itself measurable nor can it be traveled. Heidegger believed that we do not exist inside time, we ARE time. Parmenides went further, maintaining that time, motion, and change were illusions, leading to the paradoxes of his follower Zeno. Time as an illusion is also a common theme in Buddhist thought.

Maybe it's "time" for you to go back and read a little Zen Buddhism, which you seem to have skipped entirely when Zen Master Rama was teaching. It's a funny thing about linear time: there is the past, which we no longer have; there is present time, which is gone in a split-second; and there is the future, which hasn't arrived yet. So, what "time" is it, exactly? Go figure.

Zen Koan: "Two monks were arguing about the temple flag waving in the wind. One said, "The flag moves." The other said, "The wind moves." They argued back and forth but could not agree. Hui-neng, the sixth Patriarch, said: "Gentlemen! It is not the flag that moves. It is not the wind that moves. It is your mind that moves." The two monks were struck with awe."