I would have liked to have been present when Diotima taught Socrates everything
he knew about love. But of course, with all the modern conveniences!

On Saturday, December 7, 2013 2:32 PM, TurquoiseB <turquoi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, salyavin808  wrote:

> Just one place? Aw, how could I choose between Mesopotamia during the heyday
> of Babylon and the late Mesozoic in North America? All those Triceratops and
> Velociraptors! That hanging gardens! I am allowed to take my camera right?

Actually, no, you're not. Since I made up the rules for this exercise, I get to
make up this one. You DO get to come back to the place/time you started from.
But while you're gone, no cameras, no video, no recording devices of any kind.
When you DO come back, all that you have to convince anyone else of where/when
you were and what you experienced there is your own word, your own ability to
tell the story of your experience.

I think that's fair. That's what witnessing siddhis is like.  :-)

>  Ok, how about Israel about 40,000 years ago, we could sit on a hill and
> watch the first human beings walk out of Africa. And if they're late we could
> do a bit of snorkelling.

That's good, a moment worth being there for.

>  Or we could go forward a few million years and see what the human race turns
> into. Or not.

I may be the guy making up the rules, but even I haven't figured out what
happens if you time-travel to another time and there's no there there. :-)

>  And the pyramids in Egypt just after they were finished, all shiny white
> limestone and a nice gold cap on top, must been rather impressive.
>
>  Rome during the time of Cicero.
>
>  See the Doors at the Whisky a go go in '67.

Been there, done that. :-) Even punched out Jim Morrison once, but that wasn't
at the Whisky.

>  Tell Van Gogh he'll be popular one day, honest.

Ha. I read your post *after* reading and replying to s3raphita's earlier, and
mentioning wanting to go back to Paris during the Belle Epoche and be Van
Gogh's patron. Synchronicity, dude.  :-)

>  Find out what stonehenge was actually for.

What if it was an ornamental outhouse?  :-)

>  But you can tell I never get hold of a time machine because I would have
> gone here:
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/02/stephen-hawking-time-travel_n_1643488.html

Maybe you did, but I went back later and chatted up Hawking the whole time so
he never saw you. :-)