Ignoring the musical numbers (sorry for highjacking your thread,
Richard) and riffing instead on the title in the Subject line, I got an
intuitive hit on a movie today that I think might be right up the alley
of all the closet hopeless romantics on this forum.

Me, I'm not one of them. I would class myself more as a hopeful
romantic. :-)

But anyway, I first stumbled upon word of this film when I read that
Scarlett Johansson would not be eligible for a Golden Globes Award for
her performance in it, even though she starred in it. And as one half of
the romance in a romance movie. Turns out she's not actually onscreen
during the performance -- only her voice is, and that's not enough to
qualify for a Best Actress nom.

So *that* got me curious, and today I found a trailer for the film
(called "Her" BTW) and watched it, and then looked up the movie on the
IMDB.

I am SO there on opening day.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4112492569/
<http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi4112492569/>

"Her," as you can hear in the trailer, is Scarlett Johansson. Hers (so
to speak) is the voice of the new AI operating system that a nerd writer
named Theodore (played by the very talented Joaquin Phoenix) has just
acquired for his computer. They develop a relationship.

The film is written and directed by Spike Jonze, who has written and
directed previous masterpieces of quirkiness as "Being John Malcovich"
and "Adaptation." The latter had the quirkiest movie tag line ever:
"From the creator of Being John Malkovich, comes the story about the
creator of Being John Malkovich." :-)

Anyway, IMIO (In My Intuitive Opinion), this one's gonna be a winner. It
will be a veritable pleasure to watch Joaquin Phoenix play a nerdy
hopeless romantic hopelessly and romantically involved with a computer.
It will possibly be even more of a pleasure to hear Scarlett Johansson's
voice as the computer/object of his affections. Supporting cast includes
people like Rooney Mara, Kristen Wiig, and Amy Adams.

What is NOT to like about this movie? I give it two thumbs up, even
before seeing it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/reference
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/reference>