We may be enjoying "The Day After Tomorrow" for real. Earth has it's own ecosystem correction mechanism and humans be damned!

On 12/09/2013 02:08 PM, Share Long wrote:
noozguru, I've definitely gotten more sensitive to the cold as I've gotten older. Even though I guess I'm still pure pitta! And of course I sit a lot when I'm at the computer so that doesn't help though there's a radiator only about 2 feet from the desk. I love to put my gloves on the radiator by the front door when I come in. And my socks on the radiator upstairs, especially if they've gotten wet.

Wind chill is definitely a factor in windy FF. The women's Dome is up on a ridge and sometimes in the morning, I walk from the parking lot clutching my hood tightly on my head. I'm a wimp!

What I notice about Iowa weather is that it's more erratic now, more sudden and dramatic changes. and about 20 years ago we had snow on May 1!

On Monday, December 9, 2013 3:46 PM, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: I just got back from my walk which I usually take in the morning but decided to wait until it warmed up a bit. According to local news it is the coldest day so far in this cold snap. It is in the low 40s right now but clear skies and sun. At the house it felt warmer than around the corner at the park where apparently a wind was coming down the valley creating a wind chill.

When I first moved here in the 1990s the only real cold days were in January and might only last for a week. Now it starts in early November. I go from shorts and a t-shirt, skip over the warm-up suit (mainly wind breaker stuff) and to the flannel warmups.