In the 1990s the company I worked for had a couple of ex-cops (husband and wife) come in and give a self-defense talk. They apparently go around the country doing this. They also had a book to sell which I bought. They showed how to foil an attacker with your car key using it to slit their throat. Of course then your car key becomes evidence so they also sold a small ice scraper (something rarely needed around here except maybe this week) to put on your key chain.