Ann---

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:
 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <anartaxius@...> wrote:
---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:
 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 Let me rephrase that:

 NOBODY cares that you're working from home and NOBODY cares if you're posting
 here in between working for clients and NOBODY cares if you have any clients
 and almost NOBODY cares if you post anything or not. Almost NOBODY.

 Can I just say this: NOBODY cares what you wore today. NOBODY cares what your
face looked like today. NOBODY cares where you drove by during your mundane
day, NOBODY. Oh, except Sweet Share.

Perhaps Richard cares. But then you might be right. What are we? Suppose that
in reality we are all NOBODY inside, that our personal life is but the stuff
dreams are made of, a fiction created by mistaking our idea of ourselves for
something that  is real?

 Dear Xeno, this is as real as it gets. You need to take the bull by its
proverbial horns and go for a RIDE man. Stop pussyfooting around and pretending
it is all make-believe, that life is a row, row, row your boat. You are in the
middle of something big and something powerful and yet you stand by the wayside
and think it all has nothing to do with you, that there isn't real red
pulsating blood in them thar veins. But there is and you can pretend all you
like that concrete isn't hard and rain isn't wet but you're missing the chance
to ride in the last car of the roller coaster when you live in your head like
you do. I'd love to spend a day with you, but bring your galoshes and thermos
of hot chocolate.

You are misinterpreting what I am saying. I never imply that concrete is not
hard, that there is no such thing as physical pain. It's snowing here now, it
is cold. I made hot chocolate last night. The illusion, if you will, is not
these experiences, it is how the mind interprets them. It is kind of a
graduated thing, the further you get from concrete experience and into the more
abstract realms the mind is capable of thinking, the less likely those thoughts
are really useful for anything unless there is a way to correlate those
thoughts with experience (this is how scientists are supposed to proceed). Now
thoughts get very abstract when talking about consciousness and all this
spiritual stuff. They mean nothing without the underlying experience to flesh
them out, and in fact they are, in relation to experience, essentially untrue.

 Most of the psychological suffering people experience has to do with ideas in
the head about their life - who they think they are and what life is supposed
to be - ideas that are basically false. It is quite a project to undo these
ideas; that project is typically called 'the path of enlightenment' wherein one
examines one's experience from various perspectives (using such devices as
meditation, etc.) until a point is reached where those false ideas fall away.

 I was in New York City the other day, basically to look at a painting by
Vermeer - 'The Girl with the Pearl Earring' - which is temporarily on loan from
Europe. A beautiful, not very large, but soft portrait of a young woman,
considered one of the great paintings of all time. There were also some
paintings by Rembrandt. Walking back at night to Grand Central Terminal, I was
on 48th Street and happened to pass by the Fox News Channel headquarters. The
red news banner was proclaiming that Nelson Mandela had died. His name was not
visible, but from the text it was unmistakable that they were writing about
Mandela in the past tense. Now there is someone who experienced an incredible
life.

 Experience has everything to do with everything. You are mistaking what I say
to mean I am detached. Everything in this world is intimately connected.
Everything about this world is about the world as a whole. The mistake people
make is thinking the world is about an individual 'them' being in the world.
The idea of a personal 'self' is a fiction. It seems real enough until you get
far enough along on a spiritual path, and then you discover it is not about
you, it is all about the world as a whole and that interpretation of 'your'
experience that makes it seem as if you are a separate thing apart from the
world is just a misinterpretation.

 The whole world is pure existence in all its hard, gritty glory, it is pure
experience through and through. There is happiness, sadness, elation,
depression, comfort and pain, but it is not happening to anyone, it is just
happening. For brevity and convenience, we say 'it is happening to me' but if
we believe this, we are lost. But to unbelieve it requires something much more
than denial of the belief, or a pretense of detachment, it requires dismantling
of the human ego, and that is a rocky trip indeed. The world is all about the
world in all its variety and that includes the body and mind, but this cannot
be experienced when the mind thinks it is a 'me'.
 On 12/9/2013 1:23 PM, TurquoiseB wrote:

   --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
"Richard J. Williams" wrote:

 > Let's make this real simple so everyone understands:
 >
 > NOBODY cares that you're working from home and NOBODY cares if you're
 > posting here in between working for clients and NOBODY cares if you have
 > any clients and NOBODY cares if you post anything or not. NOBODY.

 I dunno, Richard. I, for one, would love to see her come up with this
"detailed refuation" she's been crowing about for so long.

 So, speaking in my capacity as "someone other than Xeno who takes Richard
seriously enough to want a detailed refutation," I want one.

 Failure to produce one will prove Judy a liar, because she made that very
offer just below.

 I expect exact quotes, URLs, and citations. Maybe even a bibliography and
footnotes. :-)