Tony Scott

[image: Inline image 1]

Music for Zen Meditation (1964)
http://youtu.be/fp1J8aYzMno

"Fueled by his burgeoning interest in Far Eastern culture, Scott hooked up
with two Japanese master instrumentalists for this classic 1964 date. And
while Scott, koto player Shinichi Yuize, and shakuhachi player Hozan
Yamamoto produce nine cuts that sound classically Japanese and really
nothing like jazz, they do actually improvise pretty much throughout the
entire set."

Read more:

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/tony-scott<http://www.allmusic.com/artist/tony-scott-mn0000129778>

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM, Richard Williams <pundits...@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> Photos taken at Strybing Arboretum Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate Park,
> San Francisco.
>
> Three Meditations - From the album Oriental Sunrise
> http://youtu.be/u3VAqPfZjgI
>

> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Richard Williams <pundits...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia
>>
>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>
>> Listening to this music neutralizes stress and promotes happiness,
>> harmony, peace and balance in your life and in the environment.
>>
>> Maharishi Gandharva Veda (Raga Marwa)
>> http://youtu.be/HDcUvUfMs-M
>>
>> The Bamboo flute (bansuri) in both India and Japan is considered to be
>> the original musical instrument, and is noted for being closest to the
>> human singing voice. The richness from the fine nuances of pitch is
>> accomplished by a subtle blowing technique and by partially covering the
>> seven to eight finger holes. Each flute can only play in one scale.
>>
>> Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, born 1938, is an acknoweldged Bansuri
>> master. In 1981, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to music,
>> he was given the National Indian Award of the Sangeet Natak Academy in New
>> Delhi. In 1990, Hari Prasad Chaurasia received the Gaurav Puraskar, one of
>> the most prestigious awards, from the State Government of Maharashtra,
>> India. He also
>> received from the President of India, the coveted Padmabhushan award.
>>
>> Press Reviews:
>>
>> "...full of life, rhythm and vocal inflections, charged by the spirit of
>> true improvisation." - Washington Post
>>
>> "...improvisations that sizzle without ever losing elegance." - The
>> Village Voice
>>
>> "Beauty, order and perfection exists at every level of creation.
>> Ghandharva-Ved Music makes everything fit together in one incredible unity.
>> The 'Flying Beyond" CD by Hariprasad Chaurasia is a transcendental
>> experience. Very highly recommended!
>>
>> Music for deep relaxation and integration of body and mind:
>> http://www.maharishi-gandharva-veda.de/
>>
>> Also recommended:
>>
>> North Indian classical music performed on the bamboo flute.  Rag
>> Malkauns, a haunting late night raga perfect for meditation and relaxation:
>>
>> "Flying Beyond"
>> By Hariprasad Chaurasia
>> Improvisations on Bansuri
>> (CD AV-89004)
>>
>> [image: Inline image 2]
>>
>> Available from 'Eternal Music'
>> P.O. Box 3612
>> San Rafael, CA. 94912
>> http://www.eternalmusic.com/
>>

>> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Richard Williams
>> <pundits...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  Riley Lee
>>>
>>> [image: Inline image 2]
>>>
>>> Satori - Riley Lee and Gabriel Lee (Satori)
>>> http://youtu.be/lP6Xd86uaOw
>>>
>>> Riley Lee is the first non-Japanese person to attain the rank of Dai
>>> Shihan (grand master) in the shakuhachi tradition. Lee holds a BA and MA
>>> from the University of Hawaii, and he received his Ph.D. in Ethnomusicology