<snip>
> I always assumed that both phrases were just marketing
> jive aimed at Westerners who *wanted* to accomplish
> everything without doing a damned thing themselves.
> Pander to the idiots by selling them idiocy, that
> sorta thing.

Yet another panderer to lazy Western idiots:

You need not leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen.
You need not even listen, simply wait. You need not even wait, just
learn to become quiet, and still, and solitary. The world will freely
offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice; it will roll in
ecstasy at your feet.

--Franz Kafka