On 12/17/2013 6:43 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
> Have you discussed this question with the folks at Jyotir Math?
Which ones?
> This was an issue that Hart DeFouw raised in one of his class
> discussions.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Shankaracharya only
> teaches Shiva mantras to the general public.
I wouldn't be surprised if the  Shankaracharyas didn't give out any
mantras to the general public at all, Shiva or Shakti. But, it's a fact
that they believe that the Adi established a math up in North India. The
Math has a temple of Badrinarayan and Rajrajeshwari Devi installed
there, so somebody must have put the idols there, and somebody up there
must know some Devi mantras in order to install them. Go figure.